Solar + Battery Costs For Different Homes
Below are some indicators of the value of installing Solar + Batteries for different levels of energy usage in the home and business.
For businesses, click here.
For the assumptions used, see below.
To find what Solar + Battery system suits your needs, book an Energy Assessment.
Packages Start from $12,010 (ex GST) for Solar + Battery
See us today for your ideal system
High Energy Use Home (40kWh/day average)
This home's ideal system might be 8kW of solar and 16.8kWh of battery storage.
Annual Savings $3,569
Payback Period 6.4 Years
With solar + battery installed this home would now export nothing to the grid and will need to import nothing from the grid.
Moderate Energy Use Home (30kWh/day average)
This home's ideal system might be 6kW of solar and 12kWh of storage.
Annual Savings $2,628
Payback Period 6.9 Years
With Solar + Battery installed this home would now export nothing to the grid and would need to import around 1kWh per day from the grid.
Small Energy Use Home (20kWh/day average)
This home's ideal system might be 5kW of solar and 7.2kWh of battery storage.
Annual Savings $1,884
Payback Period 7.8 Years
With Solar + Battery installed this home would now likely export 4kWh of electricity per day and need to import on average around 1kWh/day from the grid.
1. Prices and systems can vary greatly depending on individual systems, this is purely an indicative guide. Talk to us for an actual quote.
2. These price indicators are completely inclusive of installation costs, inverter costs, Energy Management System costs and STC rebates.
3. These price indicators do not take into account any meter box upgrades needed, unusual roof types, special requests, ground mounted systems, trenching required etc.
4. The system is modular, allowing you to add more batteries over time as your budget allows.
5. These price indicators assume batches of 5 or 10 are arranged at one time.
6. These price indicators are exclusive of GST.
7. Geni.Energy uses solar panels with 25 year warranty and batteries with a 10 year or 10,000 cycle warranty.
The following assumptions have been used for these broad cost indicators:
That the homes have no current solar panels
An electricity price of 25c and a 7% p.a. energy inflation rate
An export Feed In Tarif of 12c
Daily connection fee $1.55
Daytime energy component 50% of total usage
EMS savings of 20%
Book an Energy Assessment to find what Solar + Battery system suits your needs!